Our updated CFB ratings can be found (and downloaded!) here.
Coming off of a BRUTAL week, where we won just one game. I know it must not inspire much confidence, but all I can do is laugh about it and move on. I remain confident in the process. Weeks such as this are (probabilistically) almost certain to happen if you’re in this business long enough.
Here are this week’s picks. Lines taken from Bookmaker as of 1pm EDT. Plays are based on our Massey-Peabody ratings, and do not take into account injuries. I’ve added a new play type–“leans”–for games that just miss the threshold of a pick. We expect the leans to be marginally profitable.
Big Plays (4-4 YTD)
- Connecticut +6.5 vs. Maryland
- Bowling Green +2.5 at Indiana
Other Plays (3-10 YTD)
- Rice -6.5 vs. Kansas
- USC -14 vs. Boston College
- Louisiana Tech -7.5 vs. Tulane
- New Mexico State +6 vs. UTEP
- UCLA +4.5 at Nebraska
- South Alabama +10 vs. Western Kentucky