It was a down week for our picks in Week 8, headlined by our Big Plays having a winless week. Chicago blew a 7-point lead late in the fourth quarter to lose by three, and Baltimore won in overtime, meaning Ravens backers either lost or pushed depending on what price they got. Other Plays were also losers, going 1-2. Our MP Leans did go 2-0.
This week’s plays are based on consensus lines as of 9:45am Vegas time on Thursday morning.
Also, be sure to check out the weekly Man vs. Machine column on the site Sports On Earth, which should be up momentarily. I give score predictions and brief commentary for every game, along with a more general discussion (touching on some biases) beforehand.
Big Plays (10-3.5-0.5 YTD)
- none this week
Other Plays (6-11 YTD)
- Atlanta -7 at San Francisco [MP Line: ATL -10.0]
- Carolina +2.5 vs. Green Bay [MP Line: CAR -0.4]
MP Leans (6-4-2 YTD)
- Pittsburgh -4 vs. Oakland [MP Line: PIT -6.5]
- Indianapolis +5 vs. Denver [MP Line: IND +3.0]
- San Diego -4 vs. Chicago [MP Line: SD -6.4]
Our Lines (means) for the rest of the slate
- Cincinnati -11.7 vs. Cleveland
- New York Jets -7.4 vs. Jacksonville
- Minnesota -2.0 vs. St. Louis
- Buffalo -1.4 vs. Miami
- New Orleans -8.1 vs. Tennessee
- New England -15.0 vs. Washington
- New York Giants -1.5 at Tampa Bay
- Philadelphia -1.1 at Dallas