A quick look at our latest end-of-season projections (focusing on our “In The Conversation” metric). The aim, as always, is to project the teams we’ll be discussing as we head into the conference championships.
The field shortened again this week, now down to only 11 teams with at least a 10% of being in the playoff conversation at the end of the regular season. VaTech and Tennessee dropped out while Florida jumped in.
- Alabama moved #3 to #1, with an almost certain 97% ITC.
- Ohio State joined Michigan and Clemson at >80%.
- Washington and Louisville holding steady at >70% and >60%, respectively.
- West Virginia, who we’ve had in this mix all season (!), doubled its ITC probability to >30%.
- TAMU, Baylor, Nebraska and Florida round out the bottom tier.
And a few more details on the Top 20 teams by ITC: