My central thesis of last week’s picks was overwhelmingly vindicated, as our Big Plays went 3-1, with wins by Denver (+3), New England (-1), and Dallas (+5) offset only by Detroit’s (+2.5) loss. That said, it would be disingenuous not to mention that the Broncos were outplayed, and were extremely lucky to get the win. But our strongest play of the weekend, Dallas, throughly dominated a Philadelphia team that we have been bearish on for what feels like forever. As far as our Other Plays, Washington (+3.5) won outright while San Francisco (+6) was blown out. Our MP Leans went 2-1.
On to Week 3…
This week’s board doesn’t show the same value as last week’s buffet of strong plays. Just one strong play this weekend, and a bunch of weaker ones and leans.
Lines for this week’s picks are consensus lines as of 2pm Vegas time on Thursday afternoon.
Big Plays (5-1 YTD)
- Tennessee +3 vs. Indianapolis [MP Line: TEN -0.7]
Other Plays (1-3 YTD)
- San Diego +2.5 at Minnesota [MP Line: SD -1.3]
- Miami -3 vs. Buffalo [MP Line: MIA -5.7]
- New York Jets -2 vs. Philadelphia [MP Line: NYJ -4.2]
MP Leans (2-1 YTD)
- Pittsburgh Pick at St. Louis [MP Line: PIT -2.2]
- Dallas +1 vs. Atlanta [MP Line: DAL -2.0]
- Cleveland -3.5 vs. Oakland [MP Line: CLE -5.9]